I am an Artistic & Medical Tattooist based in Holmfirth, just outside Huddersfield in West Yorkshire. I work from my own private Tattoo Studio space, Secret Garden Tattoo. The studio is quiet, clean, non intimidating and fully registered with Kirklees Council.
As far as I know I am the first person in the UK qualified both through a professional traditional tattoo apprenticeship and also in Medical Tattooing for Scars & Burns by an NHS approved training provider. Therefore, this allows me to combine industry best practice with the art and craft of traditional tattoo to create both cover up body art tattoos and camouflage work for people who have scarring after surgery or trauma. I love using my artistic skills to help my clients recover and lead their best life.
Every tattoo I create is custom designed for the individual. I utilise my background as an artist & illustrator to ensure that you get a personalised design which is unique to you and will work well with your body. If you have an idea of what you want, after a consultation to understand your needs, I can create a bespoke design based on your thoughts.
View my Tattoo Gallery here or get in contact to discuss a design.
Scar Cover up Tattoos
I can design a custom decorative tattoo design specifically to cover up a scar, based on your ideas. A treatment plan can also involve medical tattooing if needed in order to smooth or improve the texture of scars and prepare them for a successful cover up tattoo.
- Creating decorative mastectomy tattoos to hide surgery scars on the breast after breast cancer
- Decorative Body Art Tattoos to cover scars.
- Decorative tattoos to cover self harm scars.
Find out more about scar cover up tattoos.
Medical Tattoo is the use of tattoo based techniques in order to improve the appearance of the body after surgery or trauma. It involves techniques such as MCA Microneedling [Dry Tattooing] and Mosaic Micropigmentation in order to revise and camouflage scars. Medical Tattooing to improve scars can be done in conjunction with artistic tattoo techniques to recreate the appearance of a missing body part, for example 3D Nipples after mastectomy.
For more information on Medical Tattoos visit this page.
Permanent 3D Nipple Tattoos after Breast Cancer & Mastectomy
I specialise in creating permanent 3D Nipple Tattoos for people who have lost theirs due to Breast Cancer & Mastectomy. The nipples I create are truly permanent and will not fade away or require top-ups, unlike semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo nipples. This frees my clients from the cost and trauma of having to regularly return for retouching work and enables them to put cancer behind them and move forward with their lives.
I have a dedicated website for my Permanent 3D Nipple Tattoo work which you can visit here.
Nipple Tattoos after Gender Reassignment [Top Surgery]
I work with people who have had gender reassignment surgery [Top Surgery FTM MTF ] to ensure that their new chest matches their gender and to minimise or camouflage any scarring which may result from failed nipple grafts. My studio is a friendly and inclusive place where you are guaranteed privacy and safety.
Self Harm Scar Camouflage
The appearance of self harm scars can be helped in several ways. MCA Microneedling can help to smooth the appearance of the scars. White scars may be camouflaged with Mosaic Micropigmentation. Alternatively I can design a beautiful decorative tattoo to cover the area of self harm scars. Each case is different so please get in touch to discuss your individual needs.
For more information visit the Self Harm Scar Camouflage Page
Scar Camouflage and Scar Revision
I am fully qualified and licensed to work on scars and burns having completed Medical Tattoo training with an NHS recognised provider. Therefore I can utilise a variety of techniques in order to improve and camouflage the appearance of burns and scars after surgery or trauma.
Examples of Medical Tattooing include…
- Scalp Scar Camouflage.
- Scar revision after breast augmentation or breast reduction [lollipop scars, areola scars]
- Revision or camouflage of scars around the areola after breast surgery/mastectomy
- Relaxing scars and helping them to re-pigment naturally using MCA Microneedling
- Blending the appearance of scars into the surrounding skin
- Relaxing burn scars so the skin is less distorted and more comfortable
- Blending areas of missing hair on the scalp, beard or moustache area
- Camouflaging hair transplant scars
- Scalp Micropigmentation to hide baldness [SMP]
- Helping indented [Atrophic] scars to fill in and become smoother
- Enabling raised scars [Hypertrophic] to become smoother
- Filling in pigment in areas where it has been lost due to trauma in order to camouflage the scar
- Preparing a scar to receive a decorative cover up tattoo safely
- Improving the appearance of stretch marks
- Camouflaging and improving self harm scars
This work enables me to build on my extensive experience of artistic tattooing on different types of skin and create both cover up body art tattoos and camouflage work for people who have scarring.
You can get in touch with me via the contact page Email me on Helen[at]HelenTattoo.co.uk or call me on 01484 680 104 to arrange a free consultation. I look forward to hearing from you.